Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Little Catch Up... OK, A Lot!

I would like to start by reassuring you all that, no, I did not abandon my blog! 


I do sincerely apologize for my lack of posts! Granted, the lack of posts did happen to (partially)  fall during the busiest month of the year. But still, over a month?! There is no excuse for such behaviour! So here I am, back at it. It's time for a little catch up...


So what has been keeping me from the computer the last month or so? Well, there was Christmas parties, Christmas concerts, Christmas shopping, just general preparing for Christmas. Then there was Christmas itself. Then we had visitors and New Years, then getting back into the swing of school/work after being off for the holidays. And there is something else too, what was that again?! Oh right, I am 9 months pregnant! So our lives have been consumed with baby prep. But before we get into that, I will fill you all in on our Mundy Family Christmas/holidays. And maybe even add a couple of pictures too!


Ahhhh, Christmas. As previously written, my FAVOURITE time of year. And this one, was no exception. I would even go as far as to say it was the rootinest, tootinest Christmas there ever was! Any guesses what the running theme in our house over the Holidays was?! Toy Story of course! Yes, our house has been over taken by Toy Story paraphernalia. Thanks to Christmas, we were able to load our kids up with all of the Toy Story stuff they have been begging for for months. They were in heaven.


We celebrated Christmas morning, with just our little family of 4. It was really nice. The kids slept until 8:30. Josiah was the first one up. He came busting into our room so excited that he was shaking. His actual words were, "I am so excited, I can't keep my legs straight! Even my germs are excited!!" We then all went and got Madisyn up and then proceeded to the living room where the kids opened their stockings. (You can seriously put anything in a stocking and it will always get the same high pitched excited squeal. It's awesome.)  After stockings, I did make the kids sit down and eat a quick breakfast, which went surprisingly well considering the mound of gift piled under the tree. Then we took our time opening the gifts. Most of the morning actually. We weren't in a rush to get anywhere, or do anything else. I could actually call the morning relaxing. Never thought I would be able to say that about a Christmas morning. 


The rest of the day was equally as relaxing. I even managed to nap! Then we headed next door to our friends, Jen and Dave's house for an awesome Christmas dinner. She was already cooking for more the 20 people, so whats another 4 more right? (Thanks again for having us! We had a great time)


The following day, my mom and step dad headed over here from Victoria. We went for round 2 of present opening. We all got COMPLETELY spoiled. It was seriously over the top, but totally awesome. Lol. Thank you mom, for reminding me that I am still someones kid!


But everyone knows that the greatest gifts, are the ones that keep giving. And that is exactly what our little Madisyn did for us this year. She decided, completely on her own, to potty train herself Christmas day.  Now I have to confess, in the month prior, she had gotten almost no encouragement from me in the department. My concern was that if we pushed her to do it too close to the arrival of the baby, that once the baby came, she would completely regress. I also honestly didnt think she was ready, as she hadn't really been showing any of the 'signs'. But Christmas morning she woke up and just decided that would be the day, and she darn well did it. Although I was in denial for a good 4 or 5 days, she was ready right away to be in panties full time. (Just not during sleeping time) We have not had a single out of the house accident. She has not peed in her carseat or anything like that. There have been a small handful of ones right in front of the toilet while frantically trying to get her pants down. But other then that it has been pretty smooth sailing. And I am pretty confident that since it was something she chose to do on her own, we will be fine once the baby arrives. Fingers crossed!


Anyway, here are a few pictures of Christmas for you all!



All ready for Santa on Christmas Eve!


Last Christmas picture as mommy of 2.


Our stockings hung by the chimney with care.


Despite all of mommy's threats Santa still came!


The highlight of his Christmas, his very own gel. Any of you who know Josiah well will totally get this. Lol.



Ok, so right up there with the hair gel was his Toy Story 3 for the PS3 video game. He even got his very own controller, cause what 4 year old doesn't need there own PS3 controller?!


Looking too darn cute with her gift from Uncle Regan.


Jessie and Woody dolls from mommy and daddy. Not only they do the normal pull string talking, but there is a mode that they talk to each other! It is actually really cool!


After a few days here, Grandma Clara and Grandpa Mike took Josiah back to Victoria so he could celebrate New Years with them. We headed over to our friends Gord and Linsday's place for a New Years shindig and had an awesome time. Good friends, good food, good beer(or so I heard) good laughs and surprisingly well behaved kids that lasted right until midnight. (That was a first for Madisyn)

So here are a few pictures of that as well. And I also added a picture of Madisyn and her bf Kaydn, that was taken during one of his visits over here with his mommy and daddy (Jerod and Bobbi) during the holidays. It is just too cute to not post!


Madisyn and Kaydn, waiting for the clock to strike midnight.


We have one of these pictures for every special occasion from the last 8 1/2 years!


Then we decided to get baby in on the action.


Ready to bang pots on the deck at midnight. 


My little girly and I enjoying our sparkling juice.


And here is the extra picture. Who said a Little Tikes Cozy Coupe was made for one?! 


So anyway, on to baby... And to be honest there is not a whole lot to say at this point. There is nothing really 'going on'. No baby action. I have been completely bombarded with phone calls, emails, facebook messages, texts, bbms etc. in the past week. I honestly cant keep up. I apologize if any of you are waiting for a response from me still. I cant even reassure you that you will get one. I understand that everyone is very anxious to get the big news, trust me I get it. After all it is my lady bits that this Mini Mundy is currently doing a headstand on;) But rest assured, Colin and I will not keep it a secret when this little one does FINALLY decide to grace us all with its presence. Thanks to my pretty purple BlackBerry, we will be able  to post it on facebook right from the hospital, and for those of you who we have promised a call or text when things start happening, you will most definitely get one. We have a very organized list for when the time comes. No one will go uninformed, we promise! 

So until that time, we will anxiously wait. Everything is ready. All we need is the baby! Hopefully sooner then later!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a super duper Christmas. Can't wit to meet the newest Mundy!

    ReplyDelete